Once you have decided to build your own website, it is important to find the best possible sitebuilder and website hosting service. There are many ways to decide on a site builder: ease of use, best templates they offer, integrated web hosting, drag and drop page builder etc. The kind of sitebuilder you decide on will determine the ease by which you can build your own website. This article helps you identify a good site builder that’ll fit your budget and your expertise level.
Website builders are some of the best tools available to small businesses and people who would like to make their own website. Good-looking themes, along with drag-and-drop functionality for building page components are a requirement to build a successful website. A good site builder enhances the process of building your website by removing the reason to hire a costly designer and developer.
There are a few site building tools available in the market. We will help you by comparing the tools so that you can choose what site builder is best for you.
We will be comparing the following website builders.
- Easy SiteBuilder
What are the things to look for in the beset website builder?
To figure out what sitebuilder you need, you should first write down what are the goals of your website. For example, you should design what sections your website needs: a blog section, Gallery, an eCommerce website, slider etc. to get a better idea you could look at competitor’s websites.
Almost all website builders offer a drag and drop user interface while building your website. It’s a good idea to make use of a trial account to evaluate the SiteBuilder features. These will help you make an informed decision.
You should also consider how much you will update your website. Weather you plan to add regular content to your website or maintain A blog. You should also take into consideration if you plan to open an eCommerce portal. The website builder that you finally choose should be able to help you upgrade your website and grow as you go along.
Let us now look at the pros and cons of some popular website builders.
The Easy SiteBuilder
This website builder lets you create a small business website, eCommerce websites, blogs etc. with just a few clicks. The Easy SiteBuilder offers a drag and drop interface which makes it the perfect tool for beginners. You start with one of their many professionally designed templates and then customize it with the drag-and-drop interface.
All the templates are optimized for mobiles, tablets and desktop computers. This means that the website will adapt to the size of the screen.
Easy SiteBuilder offers website analytics, eCommerce functionality and blogs that can be added to any website. They also offer a free domain with all the plans.
Each package comes with free cPanel emails. That means you can setup a business or blog site and create a custom email with your domain name. You can create the emails quick and easy in you cPanel, then access them through your webmail or connect them to your preferred email client like (Mac Mail, Outlook and Thunderbird).
Live chat, phone support and email support are offered for technical and billing assistance. If these features sound tempting, but you already have a website, don’t worry. They’ve designed an easy tool to transfer or clone just about any website. You just need to update you links and best of all the transfer is free. Learn more here.
- Unfortunately, Easy SiteBuilder does not have a free website builder option. They also do not provide a trial account to evaluate features. However, there is a 30-day money back guarantee and the plans are some of the most affordable we’ve seen for small budget websites.
- Easy sitebuilder has an advanced feature which allows those advanced users to access and customize the code, add cool features and make the template their own. This advanced feature is not available to all users. It’s under cons, well because you only get access when you subscribe to the pricier plans. Then again, not all users require advanced features.
The SiteBuilder paid plans start from $5 per month for professional, $7.00 per month for premium and $10 per month for the eCommerce plan. They offer free domain names for a year, free advertising credits, and Phone support.
This is a self-hosted WordPress website building platform. It is the most popular website building platform. 35% of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress.
WordPress makes the list because the website builder is very popular, has powerful features and easily scales based on usage. WordPress is free and open source. This means that you have more control over your website compared to other website builders.
To use WordPress, you will need a WordPress hosting account which you can get from a third-party host. Click here to learn how to create a blog and host it free.
- Must get separate hosting for the website.
- Managing of WordPress website takes some getting used to. You will have to manage it yourself which means you need to learn how WordPress is organized. It might take some getting used to but is quite easy to get comfortable with.
- You will also have to manage updates, plugin updates and backups by yourselves.
This is a popular eCommerce website builder designed specifically for stores and eCommerce websites. It offers tools for aspiring site owners to set up shop quickly, connect payment gateways and manage inventory. Their onboarding experience is very smooth and helps you to envision what the site will look like through a series of questions.
Shopify’s pricing is a bit higher than the other website builders on our list. In addition to being one of the pricier site builders, Shopify also has cool advanced features. But you must be prepared to pay much higher price to access them.
- Shopify site templates are not the most agile. That is, website speed isn’t the greatest and this can mean losing out on clients with a slow website.
- It is also difficult to migrate a website away from Shopify.
- No email Hosting available compared to some sitebuilders on our list.
This is a popular cloud-based website builder that offers a powerful suite of features to help build your website.
Wix is a fully hosted platform and is managed by the Wix team. Wix offers hundreds of templates to choose your website design. The templates can be further customized with the intuitive drag-and-drop page builder.
Wix offers a basic plan which is free with limited bandwidth and storage. You can use this plan to test drive the drag and drop website builder. This plan does not include a domain name, so if you decide to use Wix you must upgrade to a premium plan.
You get free SSL certificates with all your plans, but it needs to be turned on.
- The free plan will show Wix branded ads on your website. To remove advertisements, you must upgrade to their combo or unlimited plan.
- It is also difficult to migrate a website away from Wix.
- They do not offer a free domain name.
If you want powerful features and complete control of your website you should use an easy sitebuilder. Sitebuilders are excellent choices for new and existing websites. Users get the ability to customize themes and build a unique website.